Ellie H. Utah

Climate Change

Climate change is one of the biggest problems of our generation, but I believe every can fix it.

In the next four years you will be faced with decisions upon decisions that will have a great impact on the state of our nation. If there is one thing I could ask you to do it would be to remember the issue of climate change that has yet to be resolved.

Our planet is facing very large environmental issues today, from climate change to ocean gyres becoming filled with plastic. A large part of our global community is worried about the long lasting effects of these environmental issues. Our country has the power to be an example of change for the entire world, by investing in renewable energy sources instead of fossil fuels, whether that is solar, hydro, or wind power. According to the website Renewable Energy World the United States has already started to invest in wind power in the state of Rhode Island. By finding clean energy sources that will last for years to come without the damages fossil fuels bring, we can make a long lasting effect on climate change.

I know that with this election you are taking on many different issues, but I believe the environment should be addressed because of how important it is on an international scale. I also believe that by focusing our attention on these environmental issues, we can create new jobs and industries which will help our economy.

Thank you very much for your time.

With Regards,

Ellie

Judge Memorial

Judge Memorial-Jeffreys

Students enrolled in AP English Language and Composition at Judge Memorial Catholic High School in Salt Lake City, Utah.