Isabel

A person's a person, no matter how small

I am the pro-life generation. We can end this mass infanticide of we work together.

Dear Mr. or Madam President,

My name is Isabel , and I’m in 8th grade in a suburb of Cleveland. In this letter, I’m going to tell you about the right to life. The moment that a human sperm penetrates an egg, an entirely new entity is created. This new entity is a child. This child has their own heartbeat, brainwaves, plus DNA. On January 22, 1973, the “right” to kill this child was legalized. This right to kill is called an abortion. During an abortion, the baby living inside the mother is excruciatingly torn out. It is extremely painful for both the child and the mother.

God created all life to be equal, and a culture that legalizes abortion basically tells us that human life is disposable. Pope Francis said, "what is thrown away is not only food and dispensable objects, however often human beings themselves, who are discarded as 'unnecessary'." The House Representative Randy Hultgren wrote, "When we tell one another that abortion is okay, we reinforce the idea that human lives are disposable, that we can throw away anything or anyone that inconveniences us." If the mother is not in imminent danger, she should have to deal with the consequences of having unprotected sex.

Who has the right to say whose life is more important than others? The mentality that "some lives matter over others" is what caused the Holocaust, abortion kills almost as many children per year. According to operationrescue.org, There are 1.21 million abortions each year in the United States, and there were 1.5 million children killed during the Holocaust. Even when parents who planned on having children are expecting, they are advised to have an abortion if their child has a birth defect, such as Down’s Syndrome. If everyone with defects was aborted, you wouldn't be here. No one would be here, because we all have defects. Every single person on earth has their own personal problems. Whether they’re mental or physical, they’re there. Why do you get to decide that some defects are worth getting rid of over others?

I could've easily been aborted. My parents weren't trying for me, and they weren't even dating. If my mother hadn't chosen life and had taken the "easy way out" with abortion, I would not exist. My mother stepped up and took responsibility for her actions. Then decided to let me come into the world. I am so grateful that she chose life and let me have a chance at life. I am so, so thankful that I even got a shot to write this letter.

Future president, I urgently request that you help educate women to have safe sex in the first place, which would help them to not get pregnant at all. If they do, that's their fault. They need to accept liability for what they chose to do and have the baby. If they don't wish to raise a child, they should give the baby up for adoption. There are many good parents who want to have kids, yet aren't able to. Mr. or Madam president, I urge you to speak out against the murder of these children. Everyone deserves a chance to live, to love, and to see the light of day.

Isabel, an 8th grader

Mrs. K's Social Studies Class

Social Studies 8-1

An 8th grade social studies class.