Robert B. New Jersey

Cons of Animal testing

I am against animal testing.

Dear President-elect Trump,

My name is Robert Balogh, and I am writing this letter to raise awareness to a serious issue in the United States, animal testing. It is very cruel and inhumane. For example, in the movie “Ant-Man” a sheep is turned into a blob of slime. This is just a movie, but this is similar to what is really happening. Every year, many animals’ lives are wasted because of these flawed experiments. Plus, alternative testing methods have been created, and can now replace animals as test subjects. Drugs that pass animal test are unsafe as well. Animals also cost more than alternative methods and if the experiment is flawed, you will not only be wasting lives of animals, but also a lot of government cash. Animals can suffer like us, so it is also speciesism to experiment on them but not on humans. Religious tradition also plays a role, as it tells us to be merciful to animals, so we should not cause them harm. That wraps up my letter. I hope you take action and stop animal testing. Thanks for reading!

Robert B.