Natalia New Jersey

Abortion should not be legal in America babies deserve to be born.

I am Natalia, I think that abortion is a real problem in America. It is a problem because babies deserve to be born. Every women and their partner have a choice of whether to have a child or adopt or have an abortion. But I feel that you should be careful when you are trying to have a child by using protection or taking preventative measures. Also if you are young and have a boyfriend you should not be having sexual intercourse in the first place. I feel abortion should be illegal because of all the facts and shocking things about abortion which should try and be prevented.

Some shocking facts about abortion is how many abortions happen in the U.S. 1.1 million women have abortions per year and it is still rising. Also 125,000 abortions happen PER DAY in the U.S. Nearly 1 in 4 (22%) of pregnancies end in abortions. The U.S. abortion rate is the highest developed than any other country. 50% of women who seek abortions have had it at least one time before. 51% of abortions are performed on women less than the age 25. Approximately 13% of American women have had an abortion by the age 45.

If you wonder the reason why so many abortions happen per year is because young women and young men such as teenagers have sexual intercourse. It is apart of life everybody does it at one point of their lives. But mostly this happens because when they are around the ages of 10 and 13 girls start to develop hormones and for the boys it is the ages of 12 and 15. When their hormones are developing they start to have feelings for one another some kids who do not have a partner at this age. Once they do they start to think of sexual intercourse most of them are around 10-13 when they have their own relationships some are from ages 12 and older. At the ages of 13 and 15 females have their first intercourse and do not use protection because they are too young to have it do not put it on properly or just forget. But also when they are so young they can not find birth control pills and they get pregnant and do not want to have kids as a teenager so they have no choice but to get an abortion and their parents are on board because they want their kids to get a good education instead of them having kids. Another reason of women getting abortions is because most hispanic and black women cannot afford to have kids because they do not have money or do not have assurance to care for their child.

You may ask yourself where and what states allow you to have abortions and if it is illegal in your state to have an abortion or not. 10 out of 50 states allow you to have abortions. (20% of abortions are legal.) Alaska, Colorado, District of Columbia (Washington D.C.) Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont, West Virginia. Post viability states are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming. 20 weeks pregnant, Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Texas. 24 weeks pregnant, Florida, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota. Finally 3rd trimester Iowa, and Virginia. These are all the states which will let you have an abortion or will limit you. I feel that all the states wonโ€™t even let you have an option because as I said before babies should be born.

But with every action comes a consequence. When women get an abortion they have many physical and mental conflicts with themselves. The physical conflict is heavy bleeding, infection, incomplete abortions, sepsis, anesthesia, damage to the cervix, scarring to the uterine lining, damage to internal organs, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometritis, and a severe side effect death.

High risks of issues later in life, breast cancer, cervical, ovarian, and liver cancer, placenta previa, and ectopic pregnancy.

Depression is also a side effect that you can go to the hospital for because you can do very dangerous things such as committing suicide.

Natalia Grisales