Tiffany Dunn Kentucky

Dear Future President, Women in the U.S have an option of having a child or having an abortion. All in all, women should have that option, because what if they’re not old enough to have a child? Or maybe they could have been sexually assaulted and wouldn’t want to keep that child. No matter what, it should be a woman’s right to keep a child or have an abortion. Research shows that 56% of women have abortions, because it isn’t the right time for a baby, or a baby would interfere with their future opportunities. At least 40% say that they cannot afford to have a child. Approximately 31% say they do not want to be a single parent, or have relationship problems with husbands or partners. Less than 2% say they became pregnant as a result of rape or incest. This research simply proves that all women have a reason why they get an abortion. We have this option, because of all of these reasons. Some people might have a different opinion on abortion. They might think that you chose to have sexual intercourse with another person, so you should be able to take care of that child, or use protection. Yes, many people understand that, but that’s not how that always goes. There is a reason for everything, so our laws should be changed.