Leon V. California

Terrorism

Terrorism has shown an emergence over the years ever since the attacks on September 11th, 2001 and November 2015.

Dear Mr/Madam President, 

According to the recent events that has the world in shock, the act of terrorism has shown an emergence over the recent years.  In the videos and through books I have read about these terrorists, they are said to do almost anything, one example is suicide bombing. These terrorists are the reason why the United States sends it's military to Iraq to fight the Islamic terrorists. is it estimated in 2014, 30,700 people have died due to terrorism activities around the middle east. 

However, it is ISIS in particular that poses the greatest threat. The Islamic State has claimed land in over a dozen countries and killing thousands. ISIS has conducted or inspired more than 140 terrorist attacks in 29 countries other than Iraq and Syria...those attacks have killed at least 2,043 people and injured thousands more.  The Islamic State has an estimated 20,000 able-bodied personnel from over three dozen countries in their ranks. Every day, they recruit more and more people around the world through the internet and social media hoping to inspire the next attack on the people of the world. The United States has the power to stop these threats. Terrorist attacks affect the whole country. It makes us sad to see our once great county crumble. This matters to the people who live in the big cities like Chicago, New York, and Orlando. This affects the families of the people that have been injured or even died.

As the Commander in Chief of the United States, you have to do something about these uprisings and global threats. 

Leon