Matthew S.

The Horrid Public Transportation

The public transportation in San Diego is terrible there are people at the trolley and bus stop who wait over an hour just for a ride.

Dear Mr. President,

San Diego's public transportation is a BIG issue for our society, but there are many ways to fix the issue that could turn our transportation around.

Some people say our public transportation is the worst in the state. One of our issues with our public transportation is the lack of trolley tracks and bus routes. Most of San Diego's public transportation riders wait sometimes more than 45 mins just for the trolley, i definitely have. There is a major lack of enthusiasm in our public transportation workers. In my opinion i think all they need is a little motivation. This issue will mainly affect the homeless in a way that it will get them off the streets on a bus or trolley so they can get a job. If the issue gets fixed it will also affect traffic in a good way, if public transportation is more efficient and enjoyable more people will use it, keeping them from using cars so there will be less traffic, which means less pollution.

For example i have recently read an article about san diego's public transportation. The article states that our public transit has a higher rate than kansas city but a lower rate than portland oregon, that's nothing to be proud of. San Diego association of Governments, saying the region's transportation plan was not eco-friendly enough and needed more public transit. This is an issue that can be fixed, but this is a hard issue to fix, it would take a lot of work we hope you are willing to do as our president. Most people think it is impossible to change the public transportation in san diego. Mayor kevin Faulconer said “it seems impossible and it might be. If we all work harder and together we can turn the metropolitan transit around. Some people are willing to leave san diego just because of the public transportation.

You could start by hiring more workers i think it would be great to get more workers because that would mean more routes and more busses. You could do major renovation to our trolley tracks kindof like a face lift. You could look into a new type of public transportation in san diego such as a second type of trolley. You must take care of the over policing in the transit. That is a big issue, san diego has to trust the citizens. If you take a trip on the trolley would you really want someone every 5 minutes to tell you not to go over the line or don’t do this and don’t do that kind of like a teacher, would you really like that, i think not. This can be a very easy simple issue for you but you will have to work with others.

I hope you will have success with fixing the problem. San diego will deeply appreciate that. I hope after reading my letter you will focus more on our community. Thank you so much i believe in you, good luck. I can't wait to see what a great impact this will have on us. Thank you.