Global Warming- Lula Vermont

Global Warming

Climate change is real.

9/19/2016

Dear Future President of the United States:

Global Warming is a major threat to us, but an even bigger threat to the environment. The only thing worse than this issue is that nobody trying to change it, which is happening. People seem to be in denial about it, but there is scientific evidence proving that the earth is actually changing in a negative way and we will continue to destroy the earth if there is nothing done about it. Last winter was the warmest winter ever recorded. In just one year, 2015-2016, the snow fall has decreased by seven inches. If this continues soon we will have no snow. Although you may think it’s not that big of a deal, it is. If you lived in Vermont like I do, you would know what a normal winter was like compared to the winter last year, huge difference. As president you need to change this. You need to put a stop to global warming before it’s too late.

This is a problem that should not be underestimated because it is life more threatening than you might think. There has been scientific evidence proving the ocean has been rising at a rate of 1.7 millimeters per year. Global warming has already changed the earth, causing many illnesses, soil erosion, and raised the water level which could quite possibly eventually sink all earth's land. A simple solution would be first, having each person have a limit on the amount of plastic they use, and second, requiring that all cars are electric.

We as humans did this. We are ruining the earth and thousands of homes. It is not only affecting us, but it is affecting animals habitats, the weather, water levels and enough more to destroy our earth. If I were president and had as much power in my hands as you do, I would wake up and I would do something about it, and fast. That to me would be a good president.

The five main qualities I look for in a president are the following:

Standing up for what is right

Confidence

Care

Compassion

Communication

These are important because nobody wants a president who’s just doing it for the label or the money. A good leader to me is someone who speaks their mind and who makes the world a better place. If you truly care about this country, you will do something about global warming.

Thank you for your time,

Lula