Sylvia Minnesota

People don't know the effects of an abortions until you get one, but many studies show that it can cause damage to both the woman and child.

Children who aren’t born yet are the future inventors, doctors, teachers, etc. Taking away the lives of these children through abortion could limit future creativity. Woman choose to have unprotected sex, and then later find out they're pregnant. That doesn't mean they should get an abortion and deprive the unborn child his/her life.

Woman decide to have unprotected sex, then when they find out they’re pregnant they think the only way out is through abortion. According to a 2015 List Land article “10 Reasons Abortions Should be Illegal” by Dave Anderson, over 8% of all women having an abortion have had three or more abortions in the past, in 2010. This suggests that women have abortions just to rid themselves of a problem they caused with another person.

People say that abortions are dangerous and can do a lot of damage on the woman who have them. There are two effects woman can face physical side effects and psychological side effects. Some abortions can be more damaging to women some may even lead to death. In her article “How Abortions Could Harm the Mother” Ann Jones states that “physical complications include damage to the cervix, scarring of the uterine lining, infection or sepsis, and perforation of the uterus,” and “psychological complications include sleeping and relationship problems, flashbacks and feeling a need to replace the lost child.” These statements imply that getting an abortion can cause physical and mental issues to the woman who choose to get an abortion. We the people who are against abortions need to fully explain the consequences and side effects aborting a child can cause them.

An abortion can also be vital to the fetus that’s not yet born. Death happens, but the unborn fetus can also feel the pain of their limbs being pulled off their body until they're completely dead. According to this 2015 FactCheck article “Does a Fetus Feel Pain at 20 Weeks” by Dave Levitan, surgeons entering the womb to perform corrective procedures on tiny unborn babies have seen those babies flinch, jerk and recoil from sharp objects and incisions. Which indicate that the fetus can feel what’s going on. Just imagine if that was you getting your limbs pulled from your body, would you want someone to speak up for you?

Abortions should be made illegal, not only for the child, but for the woman who suffer after they’ve gotten the abortion. Woman have the right to do what they want with their bodies, but just because a child isn’t born yet doesn’t mean he/she shouldn’t have the same rights. So, Future President, hear the voice of what could have been our future and stop funding abortions and start funding the future.

Sylvia

Junior

Saint Paul, MN