Brad Minnesota

gun control

I am writing about how we should have less strict gun control laws

I feel as if we should make some less strict changes in our gun control laws. I think we should make less strict gun control laws because if we make stricter laws in the near future we may not even be able to hunt a tradition that I enjoy and many others in America. Yes guns are dangerous but I think people have the wrong outlook on them and their danger.

I believe that we should have less strict gun control laws. I think we should have less strict laws because for starters any more gun control laws would infringe on our right to bear arms, and our right to own a gun for hunting and sport. Also gun ownership is a tradition older than the country itself. Stated by ProCon.org, although between 1999 and 2013 there were a total of 464,033 gun related deaths, firearm bans in that time period almost had no effects on the murder rate. Some people may not care about this because it doesn't effect them personally, but it affected many people who couldn't hunt, or go to a shooting range because of a ban that had little to no affect on the murder problem. Also many people use guns for self defence. Stated by the NRA guns are used for self defense around 2.5 million times per year. 61% of men and 56% of women surveyed said that they own a gun for self defence and stricter gun laws would make self defence much harder.

People need to have the right to own firearms, when taking away guns you're not just infringing on our second amendment but you could also be stripping away people's rights to own a gun for sport and hunting and people's needs for self defence and the protection of their kids, grandparents, and others. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my article.

Brad Alton