xinyi H. New York

Gun control

Guns have become one of the biggest problem in american society. Over the last decade multiple gun violence have occurred.

Dear Madam or Mister President

I'm a senior student at East West school of international study. As a American I was worried about the multiple gun violence that occurred in our country. Gun violence have been one of the most discuss problem in U.S and few action have been take to stop it. I wish in the year of your presidency something can be done to stop it.

As I search data for gun violence I find out that in U.S 306 people are shot each day and 90 of them died. Out of the 90 people 31 are killed due to murder and 56 are suicide. This mean that in a year more than 32,000 people die(32,964) in a year due to guns and about 2000 of them are children under the age of 20.This is an extremely shocking number, the number can be more shocking if you add the number of people who are injured by guns each year(78,815 injuries). These number are too high compare to other country we need to decrease this number to a acceptable rate.

I personally encourage a gun control law that ban assault weapon and other weapons that cause large damage to decrease the number of people being killed by mass shooting. Also I thing we need to track down illegal gun dealers due to the fact that one percent of the gun dealer are accounted for 60 percent of crime guns.

The problem with gun in our country have last for years and few actions are taken to stop it. Madam president I hope you can find a solution to this while your in office. Its important to let the American people live without the fear of being killed by someone with a gun.