calvin n. California

Cyber-Bullying must be stopped

STOP CYBER-BULLYING

My name is Calvin, and I'm a high school student that wants to stop cyber-bullying. As technology advances, cyber-bullying starts to be more common in social media and video games. People who are victims of cyber-bullying have thoughts of suicide once in their lives. Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Clearly this is a growing problem for many teenagers in 2016. I'm asking you as a president to try to make a change. I'm asking you as president to stop cyber-bullying. I'm asking you to save teenagers lives.

To the future president, please do something. Many people are getting cyber bullied everyday. Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online. 1 in 4 has had it happen more than once. 70% of students report seeing frequent bullying online. Filling up your friends' Facebook feeds with positive posts instead of negative ones can boost school-wide morale. People who bully online or outside should be punished. This needs to stop. It's growing and growing and growing. DO SOMETHING!!! 

Sincerely, Calvin