Trinitee B. Oklahoma

All Lives Matter

All lives matter to me.

My name Trinitee and I am a student at East Central. I believe we as Americans have enough problems. The last thing we need is for America to fall apart over color. Police brutality against black people is getting out of hand, new stricter gun laws aren't being enforced, and citizens get bullied when they stand for All Lives Matter.  This has been going on for more than just young black America , even since Martin Luther King died, even since slavery ended. I believe there has to be an end to this.

If you as the president are not standing for us, then who is? Who will make a difference? Who will speak for the people that can't speak for themselves? Stricter gun laws are being put in place, but who will enforce them? They want to keep us safe with by writing the laws on a piece of paper,but it seems that law doesn't get enforced until someones dies. I know because one of my friends was shot and died. The laws weren't enforced until he was already dead.

Police brutality makes me sick to my stomach. I'm so scared to let my little bother go outside or for my boyfriend to get pulled over. Anything could happen because it seems like the police have the power at this point. People in America watch presidental speeches to see what you say about it.But I've yet to see anyone step up and say something about the wrong the police are doing.

When people stand up for All Lives Matter, like Hammett Yvett wrote , they bully that person. One man sat down during the Nation Anthem and people wouldn't let it go, but he was doing it for what he believed in. People tweet "All Lives Matter" for a day and then stop thinking that helps. We should be standing together at all times.

So I ask again, who will speak for the people that can't speak for the people that can't speak for themselves? Who will stand for all of America? Because as you can see, we're not doing a very good job. We need a strong president who is not afraid to speak. That's who we voted for.

East Central High School - Tulsa

AP Language and Composition (VI)

An amazing group of students focused on developing their voices through argumentative writing.