Sofia New York

Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter

I'm writing to you about the Black Lives Matter movement. I believe that there is discrimination and that we can change this. I believe that black lives do matter and I believe you can help with fixing this current problem.

What I see in the news of how African Americans have been accused of doing things that they never had done and how they have been picked on more often than white people upsets me. We are all humans and I believe we all should be treated equally. When I watch the news it seems like the police are treating African Americans differently from white people. It also isn't just African Americans that are being treated unfairly, Mexican and Islamic people are being judged and unfairly discriminated against. Some people feel that these people could pose a threat to the country and break more laws and it’s wrong. Most police officers, are not racist but even a few racist officers could hurt our country . Also many Americans are scared of people from other countries because they think they are terrorists but really they are peaceful, hard working citizens that are being mistreated. I believe all discrimination is wrong. I believe you could fix that.