Charles L. Florida

Dear Future President

Student debt is too high

Dear Mr or Ms President,

Hello, my name is Charles Livingstone. I would first like to thank you for reading my letter. I’m a high school senior from Miami writing to you today about an issue that is important to me and many of those close to me: College tuition. Simply stated, the high prices of college tuition leave students of lower and middle class demographics at a disadvantage in today’s competitive job market. Many of my peers can’t even consider college an option due to the amount it costs.

Considering this, I would like to ask that you help this situation in any way possible. I am not a lawmaker or a politician so the solution is out of my hands. However, I hope that you will see how imperative it is that we address this problem. Student loans just isn’t an option for some people and for others, the debt is a crippling burden. These policies will most likely not be in place before I enter college, but I dream of a future where the future generations, our children and grandchildren, can afford a quality education.

In short, I ask that you do all in your power to help this dream come true. If you have the opportunity to respond it would mean the world to me. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and I look forward to seeing how you will move to improve our country more than ever before.

Charles Livingstone

Mourning Senior High School

Hoover Period #1

AP GOPO Letters to the Next President