Shane Alabama

Since Obama is Gone, so Shouldn't Obama Care be too?

Obama care is changing today's society. It is causing people to complain, and it's separating our country.

Obama Care is helpful, but it is also causing a lot of stress and what seems to be unfair treatment to other people. There is an extreme need for change because if we don’t have one soon people will become more and more upset at our government. If it were my decision, I would focus on making the majority of my country happy.

I am writing to you today about the good and the bad of Obama Care. The intentions of Obama Care are good, but it is also starting to help the wrong people. If Obama care continues to help the wrong people, it is going to defeat the whole purpose of Obama care and that is to give health care to the people who need it. Don’t get me wrong. I want Obama care to help the people in need, but I don’t want to help the people who are lazy to go get a job and neither do other people. If we allow people to keep getting away with taking advantage of Obama care there will be serious issues with our economy and  government.

There were 12.7 million enrollments for Obama care in just 2016. Thirty-three percent of those people really didn’t need it. They were just trying to get as many benefits as they could without having t work for it. It is sad that people today are that selfish that they have to take from the elderly and poor. Also 11.9 % of American are still uninsured this year. I know that’s not a big number but it’s still people taking from the hard working class. Only 44% of America agrees with Obama Care and 56% of America disagrees.

If it were up to me I would make some changes. Changes that I would make are that everyone paying taxes to support Obama Care should all pay the same amount of money. If that didn’t work out, I would make people who wanted Obama Care show more needs and paper work on why they need Obama Care. If nothing else worked, I would just get rid of Obama Care completely because I would rather have 56% of the country satisfied than just 44% of the county.

Shane D.

Oxford High School

5th Period

AP English Language and Composition