Mallory F.

Abortions in the U.S.

In the United States alone, 125,000 abortions are performed each day. I personally feel that abortion should be illegal. Abortion should be illegal for the following reasons: a mother has multiple other options and it can cause more problems for the mother than other options could. 

Some women feel as though an abortion is their only option, but that is not the case. Other options include the following: adoption, foster care, and raising the baby. When most women find out that they are pregnant with an unwanted child, they assume an abortion is the best option. Some women feel if they put their child into foster care they will live an unhappy childhood, but that fate is not guaranteed. We should be encouraging adoption and foster care more.

Another reason that abortion should be illegal is because it could cause more problems for the mother than the other options could. An abortion can lead to many medical problems such as, blood clots, hemorrhages, incomplete abortions, infections, and injury to the uterus or other organs. Abortions can not only lead to physical complications, it can also lead to some mental complications. Emotional and psychological effects are more common than physical effects. Some of these psychological effects can range from mild regret to severe depression.

Abortion is an act that can cause many complications, physical and mental. It is also an act that can be avoided if the right precautions are taken. 

Sincerely

Work Cited 

"Abortions this year." Worldometers. www.worldometers.info/abortions/ Accessed 25 Oct.              2016.