nekosea Washington

Why Abortions?

Abortion is a matter that needs to be dealt with in America.

To the next president of the United States,

Abortion is a matter that needs to be dealt with in America.Three out of 10 women in the United States have an abortion by the time they are 45 years old. Many people may say that women can sometimes choose to abort their baby and there are some that disagree. I will discuss why there are times I agree with abortion as well as why I disagree with abortion. There are a lot of opinions and point of views to think about. Is this a life in the mother’s stomach or is it a life after the baby is born.

There are times when I feel like an abortion would be ok. If there was a violent crime like being raped, I feel like the mother should have the decision to abort their baby. If an abortion is needed I would recommend someone to go to Planned Parenthood. They can give anyone a good understanding of the abortion process as well as give them choices for the fut. www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion

However, there are times when I feel like an abortion would not be ok. The abortion takes the life of the baby away. A life that is innocent and harmless. A little fetus did not race to the egg for nothing, it wanted to fight for its life. It wanted to know how it feels to breathe, touch, and see. It can also hurt the mother by pulling her internal organs, blood clots, infections and injury to the cervix and other organs.The child did not ask to be here so the child should be able to live. Every child that god makes deserves a chance live. www.liveactionnews.org

In conclusion, there is more than one way a person can deal with abortion. We need to be educated on our choices in order to make the right choice. Abortion can be dangerous for the mother and the baby. It can cause a violent protest and pain to many innocent people. Ultimately the decision is for the individuals to do what works best for them and their situation. When it comes to abortion, everyone should first go through an abortion class and have access to additional resources.

Nekosea T.

West Seattle High School

5th Period LA9

Hopkins Intro to Literature & Composition