Jessica C. California

Animals Lives Matter

''What will you do to make the world a better place?''

“Change can be the best way to make a difference’’ . Do you know how many dogs and cats are in the u.s alone? this is important because some animals that don’t have homes, This can be helped if people tried harder. For example,  if people want a dog they can get a older dog and if they still want the puppy they can get them and this way animals don't have to euthanized. If you think about it how many animals are on the streets because they don’t have a owner.There are 150 million cats and dogs in U.S. and they all need homes.

Do you know how many animals are euthanized each year? Thirty one percent who end up in the shelters are euthanized .“Pet owners often fail at keeping their loved pets’’  I call our pets  “friends” because they're pets and they're  companions and that they would never abandon them “not wanting to recognize that we can't even protect our closest friends” but one of the reasons that animals aren’t wanted because they bite but the things is that no dog is born to attack.

Why instead of euthanizing animals rehabilitate them? One of the ways to stop them animals from being killed is to rehabilitate this is a good way to decrease the amount of killings of animals each year another good thing about this is that it is cheaper than to euthanized animals because  this costs 240,000 dollars per year.  Please consider helping our animals.                                                                         Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                                 Jessica C.                                                                                                                                                                  

Health Science Middle School

Health Sciences Middle School

Our young writers share their passion, questions, and solutions with you in hopes of creating a more positive and powerful dialogue during this electoral season.