Arlette California

Child Abuse

The future president should stop child abuse. This will help children so that they don't go through terrible experiences.

I believe that something you should do is stop child abuse. Why? Because this will not help the environment and children. The reason why this will not help the environment and children is because children will have to go through a bad experience when they were young.

Something the future president should do about this problem is try to stop child abuse next time it happens to a child because this will help them. Here are 5 facts that I from a website about child abuse number one is “ Approximately 5 children die every day because of child abuse.” Number two is “ 1 out of 3 girls and 1 out of 5 boys will be sexually abused before they reach the age of 18.” Number three is “ 90% of child sexual abuse victims know the perpetrator in some way. 68% are abused by a family member.” Number four is “ In the united States, more than 4 children die from child abuse and neglect on a daily basis. Over 70% of these children are below the age of 3.” And finally fact number five is “2.9 million cases of child abuse are reported every year in the united states.”

In conclusion, these are the reasons why our future president should stop having these children worry or suffer from child abuse. The reason why our future president should do this is because all of the facts and letters I read convinced me that child abuse should stop because, this will help every child.

Arlette Morales 

Health Science Middle School

Health Sciences Middle School

Our young writers share their passion, questions, and solutions with you in hopes of creating a more positive and powerful dialogue during this electoral season.