Saith J. Georgia

Freedom Instead of Fear

Worthy immigrants should be allowed to become American citizens.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. President,

Mexican immigrants have been crossing the border for multiple years now. Many people think they come just to harm or endanger their lives. Wrong, they’re here for freedom, but still no one will let them live in peace. We’ve got to lay out a path for immigrant legalization.

Mexican immigrants came for freedom, but they get fear instead, is that fair? People want to get rid of every single immigrant who comes without knowing why they’re here. You would be shocked to find out how many of those people have families in which they hope to protect in this country. They all want the same thing, to give and get a better chance at life. You would be lying if you said that you wouldn’t do the same. It is most definitely a natural right to live in a place of peace and non brutality. If you don’t have to go through that the everlasting fear, then why should anybody else have to.

"We've got to lay out a path -- a process that includes passing a background check, paying taxes, paying a penalty, learning English, and then going to the back of the line, behind all the folks who are trying to come here legally. That's only fair, right?..."     -Barack Obama, 44th US President, in remarks at Del Sol High School in Las Vegas, Nevada on Jan. 29, 2013, available at whitehouse.gov  

That is a quote that tells you what they should have to go through to show that they are worthy to become American citizens. I am the child of two Mexican immigrants, and I can’t think of a life where I don’t have my parents by my side, nor do I see myself living in Mexico. I don’t want any of those situations, but if immigration laws don’t change I might have to choose between the two. Most will say that were just a waste of space, time, and especially money. WRONG! “Immigration Is Good for the Economy, Illegal Immigrants Already Pay Taxes, Most Illegal Immigrants Are Otherwise Law-Abiding, Immigration Is a Natural Right, There Are Too Many Illegal Immigrants to Do Anything Else." - Ed Krayewski, MS, Associate Editor of Reason.com, in a Feb. 7, 2013 article, "5 Reasons to Grant Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants,"

Mexican immigrants, along with many others, should have the right to become a legal US citizen. It is a horrible thing to let some innocent person who has done absolutely nothing wrong to live in fear. You wouldn’t want your friends or family to live through constant fear so why make anybody else.

Saith J.