Jenfer Pivaral California

A Dying Planet

Our planet is slowly dying and we need to act fast. We find that awareness is key to helping problems to begin with so what must be done in our education system to help this slowly but dying planet.

Dear president,

I believe it should be of upmost priority that we keep this planet as clean as possible to preserve it for future generations to grow up in and enjoy.What will we do if our planet has been ravaged by those who inhabit it and then our home is being destroyed and we have nowhere to go? The basis of being aware of our problems such as being aware of the negative effects not taking care of this planet can have all begin at our schools.

It has been brought to my attention that although this country’s educations system isn’t terrible it does need some adjustments. How is it possible that a scholar could graduate high school without knowing the basics of some organs functionalities. For example most people are aware that they have a liver or a kidney and yet are’t aware of how it specifically contributes to our well being.

The school is the foundation of the scholars amount of knowledge which means that whatever they learn during their school years will determine what kind of knowledge they walk out of school with. Climate changes is undeniably one of the biggest problems of this world not only the United States. These changes are occurring and signs are already showing but because our education system doesn’t educate us on how specifically we’re ruining our planet we fail to realize how we can help save it. Fossil fuels is an old method of obtaining energy and here we’re in the twenty first century still using this inefficient planet that is affecting us. If we are to continue powering our machines we should do it by using power sources that are a lot more inefficient and don’t hurt our planet as much. Change is needed if this planet is going to survive so innovation is a must, however how can the average person seek or contribute to help this planet if they’re not even aware exactly of our dire situation this planet is going through.

The fact that this planet is slowly rotting should inspire everyone by helping as much as they can to the problem. It’s not a question of will this planet be destroyed but when.

I hope that the education system could be altered to something that brings awareness to our situation so that we may be able to help it. Though changes would be expensive it would bring about a great change in the world so I hope that you as our next president may enforce this idea and lead it on so that one day it may lead us into a brighter future for generations to come.

Jenfer Pivaral