madison Michigan

Homelessness

This letter is about homelessness and what we can do to help.

I believe that homeless is a problem do you agree? Homeless is a huge problem to me because there are 5,000 people in the United States that are homeless, 41% of the homeless have children and families to take care of, and 700 homeless die each year.

According to retures.com there are 5,000 people in the United States that are homeless shown in 2015 and have no money to take after each other. Most of the people weren't born homeless some lost their jobs,homes, and food. But unfortunately that is not all they have lost.

My second reason is that 41% of the homeless have families to take care of and don't have food to supply them or give them the nutrients they need to live a healthy life. For example, homeless children cannot attend school because they can't afford it so they can't get the proper education. Also most businesses won't hire you if you're homeless and you wonโ€™t be able to provide needed things for your family, sadly.

My final statement is that approximately 700 homeless die each year caused from hypothermia and diseases. It is really sad because some have families and others don't. Most of those deaths are in the northeast and midwest. Maybe the cause of this is lots of the homeless don't have warm clothes and have no heat they have to sleep in cold weather with just a sleeping bag or sometimes nothing.

I think that homelessness is a big problem and we should do something about it because 5,000 people in the united states are homeless, 41% of the homeless have children to take care of and 700 homeless die each year.

Madison