Yornif C. Virginia

The Gender Wage Gap is Real

Due to occupational differences, hour differences, and family care-giving proves that the push for the close of the gender wage gap should be needed.

I for one think that the gender wage gap is an issue that women in the U.S faces in the workplace everyday. I think that this issue can be fixed if you were notified by the problem. The reasoning of this unfair gender wage gap is because of occupational differences, hour differences, and family care-giving that women partake in. One reason why this issue is a problem is because if women were to have children, they would have to spend less time with them to make more money. To me, I think that is an invalid reason for women to be payed less than men. When I become an adult, I would like to be treated with the same opportunities as men in workplace. During the past debates, issues that has been talked about was finding a way to make more jobs, but a good job isn't a job that doesn't give males and females the same pay. I hope you take the issue into consideration for all the women in the U.S.

Yornif

Work Cited

"Preface to 'Is the Wage Gap Between Men and Women Due to Discrimination?'." The Wage Gap. Ed.

Noël Merino. Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press, 2014. Current Controversies. Opposing

Viewpoints in Context. Web. 17 Oct. 2016.

Glynn, Sarah Jane. "The Gender Wage Gap Is Caused by a Variety of Factors." Income Inequality.

Ed. Noël Merino. Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press, 2016. Opposing Viewpoints. Rpt.

from "Explaining the Gender Wage Gap." Vol. 1. 2014. Opposing Viewpoints in Context.

Web. 10 Oct. 2016.

O'Neill, June E. "The Gender Wage Gap Is Due to Women's Choices."Income Inequality. Ed. Noël

Merino. Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press, 2016. Opposing Viewpoints. Rpt. from "The Disappearing Gender Wage Gap." Vol. 1. 2012. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 10 Oct. 2016.

When it comes to pay, women must push equality issue." The Lawyer 12 Sept. 2011: 6.Business

Economics and Theory Collection. Web. 3 Oct. 2016. 

Eastern View High School

AP Language & Composition

AP Language & Composition students (11th grade) from Eastern View High School in Culpeper, VA are tasked with researching platforms, crafting political cartoons or pieces of satire, and writing letters and op-eds