Mina S. California

College Tuition

College tuition needs to be affordable for all students.

As a high school student, I always worry about how am I going to afford my college tuition. And it's not just me. Most of the students who aim to continue their higher education, worry about how are they going to afford it. I am not asking for college tuition to be free of cost, but I am asking for it to be affordable for every student.

Statistics show that in 2016, the college debt for students all around the US had broke $1.2 trillion barrier, that's the second highest level of consumer debt only behind mortgages. In fact, the average Class of 2016 graduate has $37,172 in student loan debt, up six percent from last year. Research indicates that the $1.2 trillion in student loan debt may be preventing Americans,from making the kinds of big purchases that drive economic growth, like house and cars, and reaching other milestones, such as having the ability to save for retirement or move out of mom and dad’s basement. 

I hope that the future president will be able to solve this problem as soon as possible for the next graduating class not to worry about the student loan debt.

Mina S.