Lena California

Abortion - A Woman's Right

Not your body? Not your choice.

Abortion has been a very controversial topic in the United States. Many people believe it is wrong and inhumane for woman to choose if they want a child or not. But what they don’t understand is that it is a FETUS. It is not fully developed as a human being or a child. You are NOT killing a child/baby. The definition of fetus is an UNBORN offspring. The government CAN NOT take away a woman’s right to decide what she want or need to do to her body. It is unfair and unnecessary.

Another thing some people don’t understand is that the mother did not even choose to have that baby. Rape is a traumatic event for somebody and for them to be impregnated unwillingly, they should have the right to choose if they want that child or not. If they didn’t choose to get pregnant, they get to choose to have that baby or not. Sometimes, the baby is better off not being born due to the in-capabilities of the mother. The mother will only ruin the child’s life in the future. For example, those mothers who go out party, do drugs, drink, etc., the child will turn out messed up with no home. That’s another thing people do not comprehend, that the child might not have a very great life.

According to research, an estimated of 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. This shows, that a huge amount of the pregnancies in the U.S.A. are because of rape which means they DO NOT CHOOSE to be pregnant or to have a child. It is unfair and illogical. Do NOT make abortion illegal because by doing that you are taking away a woman’s right to decide what is best for herself and her body. It is NOT YOUR body so you do not get to choose what she can or can’t do.

Sincerely, Lena