Rylie S. Iowa

Is abortion bad.

My name is Rylie Sytsma, I am 12 years old, I live in Oskaloosa, Iowa. I am a student at Oskaloosa Christian School.

Have you ever thought about why people really do abortion? Is it a common thing in this day in age? Do woman have an abortion because they were raped? Do they do it because they don’t want their baby to suffer? But think maybe God wanted us to have children. God has a plan for us even if something goes bad or even if you do something doesn't go as planned. This issue is a problem because God gives us what he knows we need. 13% of women die from legal abortions because of complications. Out of 97% of women getting abortions 53% are white, 36% are black, and 8% are from other races.

Now this issue matters to me because God does not want us to kill. God gave the ten commandments for a reason, for us to follow. In 2003, about 16/1,000 women, ages 15-44 have abortions. Fetuses are living humans inside of the womb. They have beating hearts, moving limbs and vital organs, just like us.

Therefore, this issue should matter to the president because abortion is killing another living human being. God has plans for us so if God wanted us to have a baby he really means it. Jeremiah 29:11 states this, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Also God does not want us to murder. According to Exodus 20:13 “You shall not murder.” When you murder you are sinning against God. That is why I think this issue should matter to the president.

At this point I think the president should change the law of Roe v. Wade. Roe v. Wade allows women the legal right to abort their unborn child under certain conditions. Place within your cabinet and court others that will work to protect these unborn children. I would want this new law be a federal law and not to be broken down by the states. You could also help make adoption more affordable because those children want a family just like lots of us.

In addition to my Christian faith I would not want to kill anyone that would mean the Fetus. Abortion is not something I would want to do because I love children. Would you want my child to suffer? I wouldn't want my child to suffer. Would you choose to do abortion though? No because I would not want to sin against God, but I would just continue to pray for God's help. In the following verses from the Bible, God tells us why abortions are bad. In Psalm 139:13-16 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

In conclusion, God does not want us to murder even an unborn child for any reason. The innocent living unborn child should be protected by law. God commands us to follow the Ten Commandments because He created them for all of us to obey. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11. What will you do to protect the innocent unborn children.

Best wishes,

Rylie Sytsma