Destiny C. New Jersey

New Jersey Taxes

New Jersey Taxes

Destiny Caffrey

West Milford Twp. High School

67 Highlander Drive

West Milford, NJ 07480

Future President at the White House

1600 Pennsylvania

Washington,DC 20500

Hello my name is Destiny Caffrey. I am in ninth grade and I am fourteen years old. My and my classmates are writing to you because of the problems that can affect us as the youth of today. We wrote to you because we need some help with these problems and maybe, the President of the United States, can help us with these problems. My topic that I am about to discuss is the higher tax rise in New Jersey. I hope you can try and do you best with this topic of issue.

New Jersey is the third most taxed in America. New Jersey pays 6,900 per capita.New Jersey tax raised on the date on June 15, 2005. The state taxes increased from six percent to seven percent. Then a couple of days ago on the November 1st the gas tax in New Jersey was raised 23 cents per gallon. Also New Jersey is the fourth most worst state in America.

The first cause of the New Jersey tax is higher is that New jersey only relies on property taxes. The gas tax goes towards infrastructure. And the cause of that was the closing down of the casinos. Another reason for the gas tax is because the haven’t done it in eight years.

The effects of the issue of higher tax raise is twenty six has moved out of the country just because of the taxes. The effects of the gas tax will make people use their car as much to go anywhere. It affects me and my family on a personal level. And probably mostly everyone else that lives in New Jersey.

Many other people say that the taxes helps because it is going toward things we want. On the other hand, most people think that it is bad because most people can do what they want to do with their money. Plus, not everyone wants the same thing. Everybody thinks differently so that means the are gonna think differently about money.

In conclusion, New Jersey needs help with taxes and economic purposes. The taxes are bringing down the population of New Jersey. It is affecting our way to get places. With the gas tax it is lowering our way of direction. I really hope you can do your best to help New jersey with this issue.