Corrigan H. New Jersey

bullying

Bullying

Corrigan Horan

West Milford Twp. High School

67 Highlander Drive

West Milford, NJ 07480

[email protected]

Future President at the White House

1600 Pennsylvania avenue

Washington, DC 20500

Dear Future president,

Hello. My name is Corrigan Horan, Student of West Milford High School in NJ. The purpose of this letter is to talk about bullying in our nation. First of all bullying affects over 3.2 million students each year. Next kids who are bullied are more likely to experience depression. Finally teachers and students should help out the people who are being bullied. This issue needs to be stopped.

To start off we need to recognize that over 3.2 million students get bullied each year. It is so surprising that this could even happen, but it does. Since 3.2 million kids get bullied each year there should be consequences in the present and the future. First kids would start skipping school because the don’t want to be bullied. Then since they don’t have any good education they couldn’t go to a collage. Finally no good job would accept them and they would eventually become homeless. This would in turn cause poverty in the states.

Also people who get bullied are more likely to experience depression. You must already know that depression affects most of the planet. Now just add another 3.2 million children, teens and even adults to that. If this depression continues in the students the unspeakable would happen. We would start losing lives all over America. This happened All because they were teased and hurt. Some Kids don’t know better what to do in this situation. So they take the easy way out and kill themselves. This leads up to my final reason.

Finally teachers and students need to help the students who are being bullied. It happens to many times that people just walk by someone is being bullied. The worst thing anybody could do would be to join in on the bullying. You might thinks that teachers are punishing students who bully by giving them detention or expelling them. What is that going to do about it? They will just do it again or bully another student. I believe teachers and students need to stop the bullying before it gets too serious. You should give have a conference with the board of ed and talk about ways to stop this.

Sincerely, Corrigan Horan