Carlos V. New Jersey

World Hunger

World Hunger

Carlos Villeda

West Milford Twp. High School

67 Highlander Drive

West Milford, NJ

Future President of the White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Washington, DC 20500

To begin with, as you already know, hunger is problem many people face in all parts of the world. There are approximately 795 million people in the world that don't “have” enough food to feed their families or live a healthy life. That means that 1 out of 9 people are starving. What’s even worse about world hunger is that there are more than 20,000 children dying daily because of poor nutrition. (www.worldhunger.com) .

In addition, There are many cause to world hunger ,but the main one is poverty. Poverty plays a huge role in world hunger because if a person doesn't have money then how are they going to pay for their meals? Another factor that plays in world hunger is climate and weather. Some countries lack in “key infrastructures” as well like roads, warehouses, and irrigation systems. Starvation is also used in war to starve the opponents into submission. Unstable markets and food wastage may also play a role in world hunger.

Furthermore, these causes have some brutal effects. Children and adults all over the world will be affected. About 9 million kids under the age of 5 will die needlessly. Do you understand what it's like to not be able to eat almost anything for a couple of days? Do you know what it's like to starve to death knowing there are people around the world that can help you but they choose not to or feel its none of their business? Not many of us know these feelings or have ever thought about these questions.

To continue, there are many perspectives on this issue. In my opinion, people should actually do something and help these people, rather than just “ feel bad for them” because in the end whether you like it or not we are all human beings. Some people believe that these people should just get a job and it's that easy but in reality it isn't. Everyone needs a helping hand or a pat on the back in life to get back on their feet, if you treat someone like they are garbage, they will feel like garbage.

Finally, world hunger is a problem faced by a large population of the world. The world produces enough food to feed 7 billion people, yet 795 million people in the world can’t feed themselves enough to live a healthy and stable life. The main cause of world hunger is poverty ,but climate and weather, lack of infrastructure, and unstable markets and food wastage play roles in starvation as well. Also, children and adults from all over the world are affected by this issue. In conclusion, people with the resources and power should begin to help those in need of food or anything else really because in the end we are all apart of the same family.

Carlos Villeda