Natalie V. Washington

Letter to Mr. Trump

I am asking about your views on climate change.

Dear Mr. Trump,

I would like to talk to you about your views on climate change. You have said many times that you don’t believe climate change is an issue. I personally think it is a big issue that needs to be addressed. I just don’t understand why you don’t think it’s real.

There has been a lot of scientific evidence supporting the fact that climate change is a huge issue in the world today. I would like to know what evidence you have to say that it isn’t an issue. Scientists have done a lot of research on the topic and their findings clearly show that humans are having an incredible impact on the environment and we are destroying it. They have also said that if we keep living the way we are we won’t have a planet to live on soon. Climate change is increasing at an extremely quick rate and I feel if we don’t do anything to reduce our countries carbon footprint the world will be a very scary place very soon.

Our country is one of the leading countries when it comes to our carbon footprint, alongside China. If you become President and don’t do anything to help our country be better to the environment, there will be no change in the world. Many ecosystems are being destroyed by pollution and species are becoming extinct at extremely fast rates. Since we are one of the leading producers of harmful greenhouse gases, if we don’t help with global warming, the whole world will suffer.

I am having trouble wrapping my head around how someone can just disregard science and not believe it. If you become President you have said that you will leave the Paris Agreement. That agreement includes most of the other countries of the world and all the major pollution producing countries. It is clear that all the other countries of the world believe that climate change is an issue. For all the world leaders to see the problem but for our countries leader to possibly be too blind to see the problems is absurd. You are alone in believing climate change is not an issue.

I strongly believe in the problems and effects of climate change and global warming and feel the world and our country needs to do a lot more to prevent it. The world is an amazing place and I would like to be able to live in it and explore its beauty. At this rate if we don’t do anything I would be able to do that. If you want to make America great again you need to start by reducing America’s carbon footprint because at this rate, pretty soon there will be no America to make great.

Natalie Vetto