Arianna P. Michigan

Animal abuse

Animals around the world are being taken for granted every day, being mistreated. I want to help save these helpless creatures as much as I can.

Animal Abuse

When I think about animals I think about how cute and loveable they are, and how much I love them. I don't want to think about all of the horrible things that could be happening to them right now, are they dying? Are they hurting? Are they suffering? These things come to my mind and I can’t help but to think that somewhere in the world helpless creatures aren’t being treated right. Approximately 1 million animals in the United States die each year due to domestic violence and neglect, and people are getting away with it. They are getting away with what is pretty much murder. Mr. President you have the power to stop them, you have the power to stop animal abuse forever.

According to psychologist, experts who study human behavior, indicate that animal abuse often comes from a desire by abusers, to extend exercise power over helpless creatures. The same psychologist have also indicated that many of the most notorious killers in US history such as-- Jeffrey Dahmer, David Berkowitz, and Albert Desalvo have had a history of torturing animals as children. There are more issues that come out of animal abuse than hurting the animals, it is likely that if you have had a past of hurting animals, especially as a child or teen, you may struggle in the future with violence. These people are not only putting animals in danger but they are putting the rest of us in danger as well.

So many cases of animal abuse occur every year and very few of them or recorded, and if they are recorded it is rare that they are being punished for their actions. It seems like there are only a handful of people that pay attention to this very important topic, that some people ignore it and don’t take it seriously, I have found a few examples of animal abuse that have happened in the US in the past decade that I think might interest you. In MIAMI Fla. -- 37 year old man Allan Laboy, a convicted drug dealer, was trying to go to sleep but he kept being awakened by the barking of a small puppy next door. In a rage, laboy went outside, picked up the dog by his hind legs and repeatedly slammed the puppy on the concrete sidewalk, harsh right? In San Diego, California, three teenagers threw a cat to a bunch of rottweilers, the cat managed to escape but the teenagers caught the cat again and beat him to death with baseball bat, and if I may add they got away with it. Now here is a story that is really personal to me, just last year i was at my grandmas house and her neighbor had this dog, he was boxer/pitbull mixed and just the cutest thing, his name was Nino, and I would always see him outside never did I see him go inside even during winter. One day out of the corner of my eye I saw a rat in his backyard, and it kind of worried me, I was afraid the dog would get to it. A couple of days later looked out the window and I could see the dog outside and he was laying on the ground next to his food and water bowl that was empty, he looked starved, So my grandma drove me to the store and I bought some dog treats. When I went to the fence and was feeding him the treats. I began to panic when i saw a dead rat lying on the ground next to the food bowl, it looked as if something was eating it. I went back inside and my grandma and I called a vet who had sent someone to take the dog away. The next morning we went to the vet to see him and they said the took the dog away from the owner and he was being put up for adoption, I was relieved, Thankfully now Nino has new owners and is doing great. That experience is what made me so passionate about this topic and why i take it so seriously.

I think it’s about time that we pay more attention to what is happening around us, and how it may affect us in the future. Some may wonder why animals are becoming to vanish and more and more species are going extinct, it is because we are not taking care of our environment properly, and we also do not take care of our wonderful creatures properly. There are many different things that count as animals abuse, here are a few that stand out the most to me, torturing your pet/ any wild animal, beating, poisoning, neglect, hunting, animal fighting, and also not providing them with the appropriate care. There are a lot of things that we can do to help them, but most of our options have to do with donating. There are very few people who donate anymore because it's not mandatory, and they have “better” things to spend their money on, but I think that it should be mandatory. I believe that every american should have to donate to a special cause at least once a year. Not just a cause for animals, it could be a cancer foundation or something similar to that. We could stop so much tragedy from happening in the US with just a few dollars. Also I believe or at least I am hoping that during this presidency there will be an anti cruelty law passed, adding that law could help so much and stop animals cruelty.

I believe that animals abuse is something that we should all take seriously and something that needs to come to a stop as soon as possible, it is becoming more and more of a problem lately. We could stop helpless animals from being in pain. So I am writing this letter to you Mr. President, to help me on my journey to help save animals across the US, thank you.

Sincerely, Arianna P

Congratulations on your presidency!

Hausauer 4th Hour

Fourth Hour ELA 10