Xander V. Illinois

College Prices

College Prices MUST go down to get students out of student loan debt.

Did you know over 50% of college seniors are in loan debt. According to State by State Data did you know seven out of ten college seniors who graduated from public and nonprofit colleges in 2015 had student loan debt. Well I bet not a lot of people did because they probably paid all of it off. Also 68% of college seniors are in debt from student loans, and the only way we can change this is by dropping college costs.

According to Fast Facts Since 1983 college institutions have gone up almost $14,000, Americans owe nearly $1.3 trillion in student loan debt, spread out among about 44 million borrowers. In fact, the average Class of 2016 graduate has $37,172 in student loan debt, up six percent from last year, these facts show how bad college debt is and how it's affected students.

Americans owe nearly $1.3 trillion in student loan debt shows an increase in loan debt and college prices have gone up drastically in the past years. And the price of college used to be $358 in 1970. And that shows the drastic price range from 1970 to the present. With college costs well beyond what most families can afford to pay out of pocket, most students have to rely on loans to cover their tuition. Unfortunately, these loans are often enormous, especially for elite private schools, and many who cannot find employment after graduation are unable to pay them off.

College prices need to be lowered. With this conclusion I would also like to point out that people have children to care and buy things for so if possible you can lower taxes too so people can actually afford shelter, food, and clothes.

Sincerely, Xander V