Evona P. Florida

Immigration

My personal views on Immigration in the United States

Future President

1600 Pennsylvania Ave

NW, Washington, DC 20500

RE: Immigration Help

I am a high school student in Miami, FL writing to you because immigrants need help.

The United States of America is a nation of immigrants weather people want to except it or not. As of 2015, immigrants make up 13 percent of the U,S population. Immigration has built this nation to where it stands now, though many were taken against their will. People come to America because they look for a successful future for themselves, for family, or for freedom.

A friend of mine has a cousin whos parents sent her to live with family in the United States where she is a senior in high school with no proper papers. She has absolutely nothing after graduating high school. Immigrants are here in the U,S to create a better life, and that's where the help needs to come in affect. There are many immigrants like my friend's cousin whos only option is to marry an American. It does not have to be that way if you help.

As a child of a single parent immigrant I understand how important education plays into getting your life together. You are nothing without education. You are also nothing without a helping hand. Future President, think about it this way; if your family was struggling wouldn't you want them to get out of that?

Thank you

Evona Prophete 

Mourning Senior High School

Hoover Period #2

Honors Gov. Letters to the next president