Victoria B. California

It's women's choice

It’s up to the woman to make her own decisions over her own body because the government shouldn’t have a say in a women's decision of being responsible for another life.

Abortion is a very controversial issue but it’s up to the woman to make her own decisions over her own body because the government shouldn’t have a say in a women's decision of being responsible for another life. There are 20 million unsafe abortions every year worldwide and about 68,000 women die of unsafe abortions annually.

If having an abortion ever becomes illegal, the amount of kids in foster care and being put up for adoption would increase significantly. According to AdoptUSKids, there are currently more than 400,000 kids in foster care in the United States. Only a quarter of the kids will be adopted, this leaves the other three quarters without a stable home. About 20,000 teens will age out of the system either when they turn 18 or 21, or in some cases, depending on what state they live in, when they finish high school. When an adolescent ages out of the system and doesn’t get adopted, this makes it so they have more of a difficult time getting their life together.

As I said earlier there are 21.6 million women who experience unsafe abortions worldwide. Women will resort to unsafe abortions if there is no legal option. Each year 47,000 women die from complications in developing countries where there is not much access to have safe and legal abortions. Having access to professionally performed abortions that are legal reduces death that is caused by unsafe performed abortions. And having that access to safe abortions is an important aspect of a women's health care. Abortions is one of the safest medical procedures.

Furthermore,one of the reasons the president should care about making abortions pro-choice is because according to the University of San Francisco, women who are denied abortions have more of a chance of being unemployed, to be on public welfare, to be below the poverty line, and to become victims of domestic violence another study by obstetrics & Gynecology says that women who are denied abortions are most likely to have mental health problems the study also showed that the women who were denied “felt more anger and regret” and 91% of women who did have abortions said that “it was the right decision”

Overall women should have the right to have control over their own body. Women should have the ability to determine their future and that includes having the choice over when and whether she wants children. I don’t you should make abortions illegal but i do think you should prevent more abortions, you could do this by having more access to sex education to prevent less unwanted pregnancies.

New Technology High School

American Studies

New Tech High's Junior class. This is a team taught US History and Literature class.