EmmaRae G. New York

Saving The Oceans!

This is my opinion on saving our oceans from its dangers.

11-4-16

Congratulations on becoming our new president. I am EmmaRae G. and it is my highest interest to educate you on our oceans here today in the United States. The oceans cover nearly 71% of our earth and only 3.4% of our oceans are protected. The oceans are filled with pollutants, and if this is not stopped, it will be a danger for humans as well as the life in oceans. According to the ConserveEnergyFuture.com the biggest source of pollution in the ocean is directly from land sources, such as oil, dirt, septic tanks and a lot more things. It is pretty sad that millions of sea mammals are killed in their own habitats by pollution every year. For example, over one million seabirds are killed by ocean pollution and about three hundred thousand dolphins and porpoises die each year as a result of becoming entangled in discarded fishing nets, among other items. So it is your job as our new president to help save the oceans from its dangers.

Some ways we can save the ocean from its dangers is to Support Organizations that are working to protect our oceans, Use Fewer Plastic Products because plastics that end up as oceans debris contribute to habitat destruction, we donโ€™t have to purchase as many items that exploit marine life because certain products contribute to the harming of fragile coral reefs and marine populations. Those are suggestions as our new presidents to help save our oceans from the dangers they are in.

From,

EmmaRae G.