Riaz I. Illinois

Is getting so much homework reasonable?

This is about why we should get less homework to help us get better education rather than just throwing unnecessary things at us and expecting us to use it in life.

Too much homework stress and lots of arguing with parents each day. I experience this on a daily basis. From 1 page assignments to essays high schoolers experience the same thing on a daily basis. I think that we should have less homework for a lot of reasons.

The reason why I think we should have less homework is because when I manage my stress everyday it keeps going up rather than down and most of my stress is homework after school I have tennis practice and after that I eat a snack after that i get straight to my homework and I come back home around 6:00 and I do homework for 30 min and eat dinner and I don't finish my homework till 12:15 am. I agree I do procrastinate but I don't think it should take that long. This also ends up affecting my sleep because I gotta practice guitar and then i work on sat practice all together I stay up till 1:20 am. And during the school day my body is too tired. When I play tennis I end up not being able to react as fast I would to the ball which ends up affecting me.

Also high schoolers always complain that we get to much homework on a daily basis and is very irritating. I asked all my friends and one of my teacher also say the same thing. The long nights pulling so many all nighters it's very irritating and affects me in the day. I also have body pains which hurt me a lot. We are part of this future and can either destroy america or make it great but the path we are on the stress and the unnecessary school system is unreasonable with this amount of homework.

Please Mr.Trump please change this children like us will be able to work better and make America Great Again.

Metea Valley High School

English 2, Period 7

Mr. Page's very-totally-awesome 7th period English 2 class at Metea Valley High School in Aurora, IL.