Sara M.

Abortion must be made illegal to save the lives of so many innocent babies. Embryos and adults fall under the same category: people. Because of this, unborn babies’ right to life must be protected at all cost by illegalizing abortion.

Dear Future President of the United States of America,

Every day, 3,000 abortions occur in the United States alone. Out of those 3,000 people, which of them could have one day found the cure for cancer or one day served as president of this country? Each and every abortion kills an innocent human being, prohibiting that human being from experiencing life on Earth. This deprives that person of the right given to us in the fourteenth amendment: “Nor shall and State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” Innocent, living, breathing human beings should not have their lives taken away because someone else does not want the responsibility of caring for a child. They should be given the right to life simply because they are living people from the moment of conception until the moment of death.

Many might ask, “Well, what if the abortion is for the mother’s health?” Less than 1% of all abortions performed are done to protect the life of the mother. Because every abortion kills an innocent human being, those performed for the mother’s health remain immoral. Rape, poverty, and disability also do not make abortion ethical and justifiable as the procedure ends the life of a beautiful child.

One abortion procedure, vacuum or suction aspiration, consists of a very violent and grueling process. The doctor first uses a vacuum-like instrument to suction out all amniotic fluid. Then he used a clamp tool to rip the limbs off of the baby and remove them individually. Next, because the baby’s head is too large to remove in one piece, the doctor uses the clamp tool to crush the baby’s skull into pieces, so it can easily be removed. Finally, a curette is used to scrape the uterus of any remains. The pain of this procedure can be felt by eight week old unborn babies. By the eighth week of development, unborn babies have the ability to feel psychological and physical pain. This alone should convince someone of the horrendousness and immorality of abortion.

Sara M.