cole w. Illinois

Why Trump shouldn't be president

A list on why Donald Trump has no business being POTUS.

Dear Destroyer of Our Nation,

I know ( or at least have a firm belief) in a few things. The two that are most prevalent to this letter are one, you will not read this letter. I know for a fact that that you should be doing more important work than reading letters from high schoolers. If you won’t listen to our country’s leaders, why would you listen to us? Also you are most likely receiving thousands of these, and if you did decide to to take the time to read even a few of these, the chance of you reading mine is less than one%. All of that is on top of the fact that I’m not going to sugar coat my words and opinions, just as you decided to not go with what is best for the entirety of the country. I have a firm faith in the idea that you have no business being President of the United States. Just because you can possibly do something, doesn’t mean that you should do that. Just because you can eat two extra large pizzas, doesn’t mean that you should. It isn’t good for you. Just because you could have run for President, doesn’t mean that you should have run, or that you being president would be good for us as a nation. It isn’t all your fault though: we were the ones that voted for you… Oh wait.. We didn’t! We voted for Hillary. For those and many other reasons, You has no business being president.

A country where the citizens are scared of their leader. A nation where you aren’t allowed to be your true self because of the consequences. A beacon of hope tarnished by hate. Other citizens stay far away. This isn’t a description of an tyranny, or even a dictatorship. This is our future with you as our captain, directing the nation into hardship despair. America used to stand as a safe haven for refugees, those escaping hardship, and looking for a new life full of opportunity. Not anymore. Your vice president wants to use electro-shock therapy on those who just want to love. You want to deny people of shelter even though they face the danger of death everyday. You want to undermine the constitution, which allows all people freedom of religion. You are scared of people who are different, while you sit up in your towers oblivious to the destruction that you are causing. You shouldn’t be and aren’t my president.

The minimum requirements to to be President of the United States are: to be 35 years old, be a natural born citizen, and have lived in the United States for the last one four years. You do meet all of those prerequisites. Yet, going back to the pizza analogy, it doesn’t mean that you should. All you need to eat two extra large pizzas is a stomach and a mouth. That doesn’t mean that you should. Your gut won’t thank you. We are the nation’s gut, and we get the work done. You send us the work, and we turn it into the end result. You have NO political experience, unless you count voting. Your vice president, Pence, does have experience though, so you can go to him for assistance. Even if I don’t agree with him, I do understand that he is an acceptable VP, even is what he supports isn’t. You are going to court soon, for ties to Russia, Trump University, child rape, and have been accused of sexual assault on multiple accounts. I don’t want someone who exploits others for personal gain as my commander in chief. Also… You say “crooked Hillary” yet her trial has been looked over multiple times, and found guilty on all occasions. Also, one last thing, in this country it’s innocent until proven guilty. I guess we’ll just have to see what your proven.

You contradict yourself. And you this a lot. When pumping up the supporters, in one instance, you called all Mexicans “rapists”. Yet you are also pro-life. You are also against rape (at least that’s one good thing about you), yet have admitted, and been on camera talking about when you sexually assaulted women. As far as I’m concerned, if you can’t give birth (men) then you don’t get a say in abortion. Also Mr. Trump, you are going to trial on child rape… when in the past you had called all people of a certain ethnicity rapists, who shouldn’t be admitted to this country. So… if we follow what you already have in plan, I say we let you leave peacefully. And I DON’T mean leave office. (If I wasn’t clear, or you even got this far, I meant the country. This is a country of all people and all beliefs. We don’t have any more room for people who hate on others for being different).

I know that as an American citizen, and as a minor without the ability to vote, I am supposed to just accept things with you as president, and then move on. But as someone with next to no voice in this election, I can’t feel the need to not raise my voice to the fullest. In this country, when you feel something is wrong, you have the legal right to protest. I won’t be violent, but my words will be sharp and I will do my part to take you down from your tower. I, along with everyone else, will show you and force you to see what it means to be an American. We will do our best to stop you, and stop your actions. You will not be allowed to follow through with your acts if they will harm or have the possibility of malice towards others. We won’t yet you undermine what makes america great for all people. While you might be commander in chief, you don’t get to erase the chain of command.

Cole Williams

Metea Valley High School

English 2, Period 7

Mr. Page's very-totally-awesome 7th period English 2 class at Metea Valley High School in Aurora, IL.