Viraja D. Illinois

America children deserve the best education

Just few suggestions from students who stay up late nights just to finish homework

United States is a home for many students from different parts of the world. Our education system is one of the best and has been attracting many ambitious youngsters to pursue their education and career here. Foreign students can also be a contributing factor to the economic growth of the country. Achievers among them can build an even brighter future for us Americans.

In order to improve the academic experience of a student it is important to provide a stress free learning.

It’s 9:00 PM right now and I am still trying to get my homework done an average American student who does sports or other clubs and activities has to stay up late nights just to get this work done and to get the grade they want. I think teachers and schools should stop giving so much homework that a student has to stay up and be tired the next day just to get few points.

Because I do sports I get home by 6:00 PM and then relax for 30 minutes. After being out and busy all day I get haunted by the thought that all my homework is due next morning. I agree that students should get homework so they can practice what they learnt in school but having to take 3 to 4 tests on one day can be very stressful. I think teachers should communicate among one another on our workload. I wish there was a software that could help teachers and students by assessing the daily effort per student and comparing it against set-threshold. By this the teachers will be able to calculate the correct due date for the assignment without stretching the students.

If a student sleeps at 12:00 AM and wakes up at 6:00 AM their average sleeping is reduced by 3 hours. This causes the student to be less efficient during the school day. Because of being less attentive in school the new concepts taught during the normal school day is not completely understood. Homework will take longer because it is nothing but a practice of concepts taught in class. Better the learning faster the homework is complete.

If the kids haven't learnt the concept before they leave the classroom the homework is pointless!

Metea Valley High School

English 2, Period 7

Mr. Page's very-totally-awesome 7th period English 2 class at Metea Valley High School in Aurora, IL.