Vlada S. Michigan

Teen Voices in Politics

Do you remember when you were a teenager? Remember when you were feeling left out, and when you wanted to be part of something you weren't allowed to be. Many teenagers feel this way about politics, they want to be included, they want to have a voice. You might say there's no point because teenagers can be childish and they need to wait until they are 18 to vote. Teenagers want a voice now. This century teenagers have been controlling the world with all the social media. With all this power i'm sure they will have a say in politics soon. Some adults think that teenagers should not be allowed to vote or have a say in politics, because they think that the teens are too young and too childish. Although some adults think that it is a good idea because they know what teenagers because they learn/ talk about politics in school and at home so they do have something useful to say.

‘’Youth matters, not only because we are the future but because we are also part of today’’ this quote is from Huffing Post ‘’Teen Politics Give a Voice For A Generations” This quote shows how other people think that teenagers should have a voice. Studies show that many teenagers have discussions in school about debate and election and it helps them get their voice out there and try to make a change. I think that you should change the voting age to 16 years old. I think this because if teenagers are allowed to drive they should be allowed to vote and get their voice out to the people. This election has an affect on the teenagers lives as well, and their future. So they should be able to vote and have a say in their future. Teenagers can get involved in the election by getting involved in campaigns, so next President you need to change the voting age in America to 16 so teenagers could have a voice in this year's election.

Vlada S.

Avondale High School

Avondale High School

Honors English 10