Alex B. Minnesota

Job Growth

I’m a 17-year-old high school senior that is looking at colleges and potential job careers. Looking down the road, I cannot stress how important job growth is.

Dear future President, 

I’m a 17-year-old high school senior that is looking at colleges and potential job careers. Looking down the road, I cannot stress how important job growth is. In a world where robots can do most manual labor and jobs can be outsourced for a much cheaper rate, it’s hard to believe there is going to be a “working class.” However, I don’t plan on working a blue collar job to begin with. I, instead, want to hold management positions in my career of choice. Unfortunately, if the working class continues to decrease, like it is said to do so, we will either have more people in poverty or decreased wages for, what once were, high paying jobs. If there isn’t a generation of job entrepreneurs, one can assume that something will need to be fixed.

My plan of action isn’t complex but instead very straight forward. A good economy is the end all be all when it comes to job growth. A good economy will increase the amount of money people spend, in tern, increasing the money people are receiving. In the future, the entrepreneur will become a very common occupation. As it stands today, it isn’t all that easy to get a business off the ground but it has gotten increasingly easier since the 1950’s. As I see the future evolving, most people will probably be able to buy packaging, robots, and machinery with the click of a button. Thus, giving people the power to create almost anything from their finger tips. As people create business’ they will be able to hire on employees, create cash flow, and provide services to everyday people.

Job growth will always be a must. Who ever gets elected office, will need to address this more than once. Job growth will always be an ever changing phenomenon, and the president will need to inspire America to accommodate this phenomenon in order to preserve the United States. I hope one day in the future I am able to provide to this country by creating jobs while I obtain my financial goals. It is my dream to become an entrepreneur, and it will need to be for many others.

-Alex B. 

Benilde-St. Margaret's School

Non-Fiction Writing Per. 1

Thoughts and concerns from high school seniors in Minneapolis