Fatoumata New York

Make Us Feel Safe Again!

Gun violence is obviously a major issue in America and something needs to be done. We need stricter gun laws so accessing one is difficult.

First of all I want to congratulate you on your presidency. Being the president now means that you could help fix the issues that's facing America today. One of the major issues is gun violence. In the United States today, everyday there are shootings happening for unnecessary reasons and taking the lives of innocent people. I do not think people should be carrying a gun in the first place. The reason for guns is to protect us, not kill us. I think there should be stricter gun laws so accessing a gun is difficult because,. in my opinion getting a gun in America is not difficult. People are shot everyday in all ages because of gun violence. According to Bradycampaign.org, “306 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides & suicide attempts, unintentional shootings, and police intervention.” This proves how serious of an issue gun ownership is in America. People do not feel safe anymore.  The chance of being shot could occur anywhere because you never know who has a gun and this is a sad and scary reality. Therefore, during your four year term, it would help us a lot if this issue can be taken care of.  Stop gun violence in America so everyone can feel safe again.

Fatoumata