Michelle M. Florida

The Food Industry

The problems about Genetically Modified Food (GMO) and how it should be stopped.

The Honorable Future President

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington DC, 20500

My name is Michelle Mikhailov and I am a resident of Sunny Isles Beach. I am writing to you to address the concern about the food industry. Its not about how much one eats its about what kind of food they eat. I love to eat organic foods and to know that my food is real and healthy without the use of chemicals and pesticides. In this generation the use of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) has grown over these last few years. Recently there has been a report about injecting GMO into fruits and vegetables which causes these foods to taste very unusual and without any taste. These foods spoil very rapidly with a horrendous smell. They look like regular food but more enhanced. Now Organic Non GMO food is more expensive then GMO food, and not everyone can afford it. This is cheaper for people to buy GMO food without wasting money on organic food. By people consuming GMO products one may have terrible side effects. For example, short term memory loss, obesity, muscle weakness, joint pains, cancer, and many more. This is even worse for the younger generation because in the future they can’t produce a new generation which is a very serious issue. The time is now and we should think about what’s going to be right after us. I strongly believe that GMO should be eliminated from the United States. This would make the world more healthy, intelligent, and happy. The citizens of our country would love to have a president who will think and care about us and our physical health. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Michelle Mikhailov

Mourning Senior High School

Hoover Period #5

Honors Gov letters to the next President