Allison A Georgia

Illegal immigrants

Building a wall and isolating the US from other countries could be catastrophic for the well being of our country.

Building a wall and isolating the US from other countries could be catastrophic for the well being of our country. A wall may keep immigrants from illegally coming into the US, but it the disadvantages still outweigh the few positive effects. Imagine how long it will take to surround the US with a 10-foot tall wall; that would also cost A LOT of money.

Instead of building a wall to keep illegal immigrants out, we should welcome people from other countries into our own. Not all immigrants are drug addicts, rapists, or criminals. Welcoming immigrants into the US would give them more opportunity. Think about all the job opportunities we have here. You should allow citizens from other countries to come into the US as simple as traveling to another state without the needs of complicated papers. Thousands of people register to get their papers to legally come into the US but get rejected. What’s the point of spending a lot of time to register to just get rejected? This is important because there would be no point to spend time preparing to get permission instead of coming whenever you want or whenever you're ready.

I feel that people already in the US underestimate people from Mexico, Cuba, Germany, and other countries. When people from other countries come into the US, they bring their tradition and their culture. They bring different foods we can eat, different ways of life, and different religions. Think about how diverse the US is right now.  Imagine how we could be if we let more people easily come into the US. Without immigrants coming, our country wouldn’t be so diverse. You may be thinking “she’s just a kid, what does she know?" but kids are capable of more than you can imagine.

Allison