Skylar P. Ohio

Is Testing On Animals Beneficial?

Animal testing is not beneficial for anyone except big, rich companies.

Thousands of animals die each year from animal testing. This really affects how valued animals lives are and they should not be treated with such disrespect .

One reason why this should be illegal is ¨Over 100 million animals are burned, crippled, poisoned, and abused US labs every year¨(¨Cruelty Free International¨),  which means that 100 million animals have been abused by being tested for things like makeup, hair care, and even air fresheners.

The abuse of animals happens everyday. “In tests of potential carcinogens, subjects are given a substance every day for 2 years. Others tests involve killing pregnant animals and testing their fetuses” (Cruelty Free International), which shows that animals who had babies would be tested on as well. This means that any animal who has a baby would get tested on and their baby would get tested on as well.

Some might say that when there is animal testing everything is safer for everyone that uses that product, but if you think about it, there so many other ways to test safety of products.

Some scientists have tested human diseases on non-living objects because of how cruel and expensive the animal testing actually is. This way it's cheaper to do testing without using animals, so it's beneficial to humans. We could use a little help to publicize the use of non-living objects to do animal testing on to save lives and money.

Animal testing should be illegal in the United States because of the torture and disrespect toward animals.

Thank you future President for taking the time out of your busy day to read my letter.

Skylar Pickering

Oak Hills High School

Biser's 3rd bell (English III)

10th and 11th grade students in Mrs. Biser's class