Dasha F. Ohio

Is Abortion Ok?

Abortion is not ok because it's murder of a child, who has the potential to change our world.

Abortion is wrong because it is a beginning of the life of a human being. Nowadays, not many people think about abortion that much because it’s just a baby; who cares right? Wrong, it's still going to live and breathe and need to be apart of our future. Every baby that comes into the world can change the world in MANY ways. Even if we don’t see it yet. If someone gets an abortion, they are murdering another possible human being. It does not matter if the baby has a problem or is imperfect, they are still a human. One should be very grateful to be able to have the baby in the first place! Abortion should not be legal because every woman has the opportunity to give a baby up for adoption, and they could keep the baby since they are our future.

You don’t always have to kill the baby inside of you. Some people can give their baby up to a good home. One reason that abortion doesn’t have to be an option is adoption “adoption is a viable alternative to abortion and accomplishes the same result. And with 1.5 million American families wanting to adopt a child, there is no such thing as an unwanted child” (Women's issues"). There is someone in the world that can’t have a baby because there is something wrong with their body. So why not give the baby up to a good home so they can take care of them?

According to TFP Student Action, “Since the legalization of abortion in 1973, over 58 million unborn children have been killed, more than the entire population of Spain. That's 155 babies per hour. About 1 every 24 seconds.” There are so many babies who aren’t being born, which means we have 57 million babies that could have made a change in this world. 1 person can make a big change, but 57 million can get rid of the unwanted child. 

Some may say it’s not always the person's fault for getting pregnant. Maybe they were forced into it so they should be able to get rid of the unwanted child. Some people have to get abortions because they aren't able to take care of the baby because of money or living situations. Why should you have to take care of baby that isn’t even your fault and that you didn’t want?  Some people may be way too young to take care of the baby that they created. Nowadays, kids are getting pregnant at a very young ages, such as: 15,16,17,18, so why should they have to take care of a baby at a young age? They don’t even know who they are fully and they are just trying to find themselves. Although I believe teens should stay teens as long as they can, the same teen made a choice to be sexually active and now they have to live with the consequences. Yes, a baby is very hard to take care of even if you are an adult: getting up every few hours because of they baby, feeding them, and making sure they are clean. If you're old enough to be sexually active, then you're old enough to take care of the baby or make the right decision to give it up for adoption.

I feel like one way we can change the abortion rate is to have more adoption agencies. Also the parents should think long and hard about what they are doing before they do anything sexual. One thing you can do as our future President is to open more adoption agencies. I know some parents can’t have babies, so the parents that can’t have babies can go to someone that wants to get an abortion to get them to go through with the pregnancy; the baby would go to a new family that is able to love and take care of him/her.

Women shouldn’t get an abortion because they could either give the baby up to a better home or they could keep the baby because they are apart of our future. Even if you don’t want the baby you could give them up for adoption and let someone else take care of the baby. We all understand that not everyone wants to have a baby at their age, but there are so many ways to handle an unwanted pregnancy. Abortion shouldn’t be one of these ideas. I know no one wants to feel unwanted. So why would want someone to think that their baby is unwanted?

Thank you to our future president for taking time to read this letter.

Dasha Ferguson

Oak Hills High School

Biser's 3rd bell (English III)

10th and 11th grade students in Mrs. Biser's class