Austin B. Ohio

Gun saftey

Gun safety is important to American lives.

Gun safety is a problem in America. We need to be a more strict on the purchasing of a firearm and who is purchasing firearms.

The policy of gun rights in America is not a problem or a issue, the real problem is the people who don't know how to be responsible with their right. People who are not responsible with their right are careless with their firearms. This can cause accidental homicides and/or can cause the real owner of the firearm to lose, misplace, or have the firearm stolen. Stolen firearms are more dangerous than one locked in a safe that belongs to a responsible owner, which means that everyone needs to show responsibility around a fire arm.

According to research, ¨Gun control is a serious issue because the people who purchase firearms are not completely responsible with them," which shows that not all people are responsible with their firearms. This can cause an increase in crime and stolen firearms.

Gun control is not an issue of the owners of the firearms is because they are not responsible enough to take care of a tool that can take someone's life easily. This is how people get killed in homicides and or accidental homicides. Also children can get a hold of unsecured firearms, which is a large problem.

You may say that this topic may not matter, but this is a serious issue. This could save your loved ones' lives from accidental or real shootings. This issue matters and something needs to be done about it. Guns don't need to be controlled, but they need to be taken more seriously. Gun owners need to be more responsible. "The Supreme Court handed advocates of gun safety a big victory today. In a 6 to 2 ruling, the court found that people convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence crimes can be barred from owning weapons" (Johnson).

Gun safety issue is a very serious issue, and it should all be handled very seriously. It should be taken care of so that we can all be safe in the presence of a firearm.

Austin A. Burke

Oak Hills High School

Biser's 3rd bell (English III)

10th and 11th grade students in Mrs. Biser's class