Grace K. Wisconsin

ABORTION

Many people stand for pro-life, however pro-choice may be the better topic to save the women and stand for their rights.

Dear Future President,                                                                                                                                                   To begin, congratulations on your win. I hope you to have a successful presidency and good luck for the next four years. Today I will be talking to you about the topic of abortion. Abortion is a common medical procedure of the determination of a fetus during a women's pregnancy. Most abortions are performed in the early stage of pregnancy. This is a very controversial subject to all citizens around in the world. Particularly in the US, about 40% of people are pro-choice, and 60% of people are pro-life. In my standpoint I indeed lean over the pro-choice side.                                                          

Women should have the right over what they do with their body. Although this is murder to an innocent baby that has not seen or experienced the outside world, the birth giver does have to right to terminate the baby if it will not have a stable home. This should only be applied to victims of rape, severe danger to the mother, or incest, not for uneducated high school individuals who sleep with a different person every night.                                                                                                                                          

According to Rainn Statistics, "1 out of every 6 American women have been the victim of attempted or completed rape". Women could be remembered everyday of the day they were raped with the baby growing larger inside them. Even giving birth to the baby and looking into his/her face that has the same features as the rapist must be so hard to look at. Many women do end up keeping the baby, but it shouldn't be frowned upon if a women cannot mentally function during the baby's life in the womb. Those who have not been rape victims cannot say it is wrong to get rid of the baby because they are not in the place of the victim and their mental stability.                                                                        

Pro-Choice Wisconsin states that "legal abortions are very safe and only 1% of people end up with complications". They also state that "5,000 women die every year from unsafe abortions that are done by the women or outside a sterile, proper environment such as a hospital". Now this tells a lot. It may be OK if the next president is pro-life, but abortion should not be illegal. Women will still get abortions anyways in an unsafe place. The number of women performing these illegal abortions will most likely pass away from bleeding to death or infection. What do you think is better, women walking into a hospital and safely terminating the fetus, or have women stick hangers up inside them and pull the baby out themselves both killing the mother and the fetus? Abortion needs to be looked at by both standpoints.                                                                                                                                                                      

Abortion not only takes place in the realm of humans, it takes place in the animal kingdom as well. To clarify, animals perform abortions almost as much as humans do. According to Discover Magazine, "mother hamsters can possibly eat their young right after birth if they do not think they can sustain to its babies". Also female monkeys kill their young if new males arrive to the pack. Many male monkeys do kill infants to show dominance over others, so the mothers kill their babies before the males do. If abortion is so bad for humans, why aren't animals stopping animals from killing their young as well?       

Abortion overall is a very touchy subject, but it does need to be spoken about and should be legal for the rights of women. We all have a voice, but many are uneducated on the side that many people are against. What will you do to make our country right? What will you do to make our country safe? What will you do to make abortion be legal or illegal?                                                                                                                Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                                     Grace Kubala                                                                                                                             

Works Cited:

Roberts, Lu.  "The Bruce Effect". Discover Magazine,                                                                                                    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2012/02/23/the-bruce-effect-why-some-pregnant-monkeys-abort-when-new-males-arrive/#.WBymitArLnA. Accessed November 1, 2016.

"This article has no author". "10 Important Facts About Abortion". Pro-Choice                                                      Wisconsin, http://www.prochoicewisconsin.org/what-is-choice/abortion/10-important-facts.shtml. Accessed November 1, 2016. 

"This article has no author".  "Victims of Sexual Violence Statistics". Rainn                                                            Statistics, https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence. Accessed November 1, 2016.

Craig High School - Ms. Tucker's English 9

3rd Hour - Honors English 9

Craig High School