Hanna R. Wisconsin

Abortions: Pro-choice

Pro-choice. Abortion has been an issue for many years and people are clearly divided on it. A woman should have the right to choose.

According to Abort73.com, "An estimated 954,000 abortions took place in 2014." Women have abortions because having children may interfere with school, a great, new job opportunity, it is dangerous to the mother, the woman is single and doesn't want kids until she's married, or they were a rape victim. There are many more reasons why women get abortions. Women have the right to chose for themselves. 

A common misunderstanding is that anti-choice are in favor of forced motherhood, while pro-choice is in favor of forced abortion. The Pro-Choice Action Network says wonderfully, "Pro-choice does not advocate abortion over birth, but simply defends the right of women to decide for themselves."  Pro-choice floats in the middle ground of the abortion issue. Some supporters of pro-choice are uncomfortable with the thought of abortion, or are against it themselves, but don't force their opinion onto others. Pro-choice advocates and supports preventing unwanted pregnancies, and a greater use of contraception. If we were to place a law against abortion, we wouldn't stop it. Women would still get them, only they'd be undergoing an illegal, and unsafe procedure. 

Many pro-life supporters also support the closing of a very helpful and important business. Planned Parenthood. Many people know planned parenthood as a place for women to go and get abortions whenever they feel. What people don't know, is that Planned Parenthood is a safe haven for many women and men. Planned Parenthood gives help with pregnancies, birth control, body image, general health care, men's sexual health, emergency contraception, STD's, relationships and more. This is why it's important to keep Planned Parenthood open. 

Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion. Women have the rights to choose what they want to do with their bodies. These are only a few of many, many reasons why pro-choice is the right choice. 

Sincerely, Hanna Ruosch 

Craig High School - Ms. Tucker's English 9

3rd Hour - Honors English 9

Craig High School